churchEvergreen Baptist Church was organized in 1877 in the Evergreen school building. Evergreen was first a member of the Welch Neck Baptist Association but later became a member of the Florence Baptist Association. The first full time pastor was Rev. M. B. Gunter who was called in 1946. The church began contributing to the Cooperative Program in 1947. The first sanctuary was constructed in 1949.

In 1956, several families from Evergreen helped start Greenwood Baptist Church. The Education building was completed in 1957 and in 1977 was named in Rev. Gunter's honor. The Family Life Center was built in 1979. Reverend Eddie Pettit is the 11th full time pastor to serve Evergreen Baptist Church. His tenure began in 2014.

Contact Us

Please fill out the form below to contact our church.

* Required
Errors







( ) - ext.


Empowered by Extend, a church software solution from